Teaching of Portuguese and English In the Second Cycle of Basic Education
- The acquisition of knowledge in the field of teaching and specific didactics, and strategies required for the construction and renewal of knowledge
- Initiation in educational research, using it in the reflective analysis of teaching, at the level of the classroom and the school institution, in the context of initiation to professional practice
- The reinforcement of the autonomous work capacity, framed in an attitude of collaboration and sharing of academic and professional knowledge in the educational context
- The development of the capacity to adapt principles, concepts, methods and instruments to the teaching-learning process, based on academic and professional quality and rigor
- Training for critical reflection, focusing on analysis, interpretation, argumentation, creativity and problem solving on the ways in which the language works and on the most appropriate strategies for its teaching
- The development of the capacity for oral and written exposure in Portuguese and English, including within the academic record
The course will run from 18h00 to 22h00/23h00, except for the curricular units of IPP - Initiation to Professional Practice and PES - Supervised Teaching Practice.
Tuition and Fees 2023/2024
National Students: 697 Euros
International Students*: 2000 Euros
Application Fee: 50 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year