Language of Teaching
Faculty / School
Escola Superior de Educação e Comunicação
Area of Studies
Social Sciences and Education
The general objective of the Bachelor's course in Basic Education is to equip future professional in Pre-School and/or the 1st and 2nd cycles of Basic Education with basic skills in general educational training and in the field of teacher training and the different didactic approaches.
- Acquisition of knowledge in the field of Education Sciences
- Development of capacity for relating to the educational community
- Development of attitudes based on a reflective model, as part of professional, social, cultural and ethical development
- Acquisition of academic training in the areas of mathematics, Portuguese, study of the environment and forms of expression
- Promotion of capacities in the conception of curriculum projects including elements of planning, organization and evaluation
- Development of learning with use of information and communication technologies
The applications for public higher education are made annually through national call and/or special contests.
The graduates in Basic Education are able to:
- Integrate multidisciplinary teams with educational functions of support and cooperation outside the educative system
- Intervene in educational projects within the non-formal educative system and participate in its promotion in various institutions
- Develop functions of senior technician of education
These degree holders may also apply to the masters for teaching.
School of Education and Communication
Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: + 351 289 800 126/127